Best training toys, interactive feeders, and food puzzles
Dog feeding and interactive food puzzles provide mental and physical exercise, decrease anxiety and boredom, increase problem-solving skills, and release pent-up energy. These are some of the best on the market and are used by professional trainers in the industry.
- Canine Enrichment Videos – enrichment & interactive feeders
- Click and Shop for Fetch Worthy’s Dog Chew Favorites
- Enrichment Suggestions
- Lickimat – wet food enrichment
- Dog Training Tools
- Ruffwear’s “Front Range” Dog Harness – best-padded front clip harness
- The Flirt Pole – enrichment and training toy
- Training & Behavior resources
- Our local Pet Sitting friends:
Canine Enrichment Videos
Westpaw Toppl Toy
Food Enrichment for frustrated Puppies and Adult Dogs who don’t engage well with a Kong. If your dog gives up easily, this is an easy and unique way to feed meals, and snacks and use them for *preventing separation anxiety in puppies. Puppies need to exercise their jaw muscles, and adult dogs too! Chewing, licking, and sniffing are natural stress relievers for dogs. Shop.
- The Snuffle Mat – Washable snuffle mat
- Buddy Butter – Peanut butter made with recipes for hip and joints, stress, anxiety, and sensitive stomachs.
- The Kong Company – Kong store, recipes, and toys
- The Flirt Pole – Train and Play with your dog using a teaser wand teaching your dog, the cues to drop it and more.
- Lickimat – Licking is way dogs can relieve stress, boredom, and anxiety.
- Westpaw Toppl Toy – Feeder for dogs frozen or fresh.
- Sniffy Walk – Decompression dog walks allow sniffing.
Dogs have up to 300 million olfactory receptors so why let them go to waste? Engage your dog through sniffing. how to use a snuffle mat so your dog can use their natural abilities to sniff and hunt for food. Plus, this is an excellent mental game that will keep your dog busy when you’re away. This snuffle mat is machine washable, and excellent for daily use.
The Kong Company
Using interactive feeders for meal times instead of the bowl is the most effective way to use enrichment. Focus on activities and canine enrichment products that allow for licking, chewing, and sniffing. Kongs are durable and take dry and wet food, there are other options on the market. My favorite is the Wobbler, tugs, toys, and classic Kong.
*Fetch Worthy may receive commissions on affiliate links.
Learn about KONG and how to find the right Kong and toys for your dog.
Perfect for Wet Food, Treats, Pumpkin, Yogurt, and Peanut Butter.
Did you know being able to lick is a stress reliever for dogs?
A FUN way to keep your dog engaged, active, and enriched to prevent annoying and destructive behaviors.
Does your dog hate grooming? Use a suction lick mat during grooming!
Lickimat Recipes from Best Buddy Dog Products:
- Spread xylitol-free peanut butter over the mat and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread canned dog food and either freeze and serve or heat and serve.
- Spread plain xylitol-free yogurt over the mat then drizzle 5 drops of vanilla extract over the yogurt. …
- Spread PB over the mat and sprinkle Pumpkin Fiber & Rawberry Boost.
A sniffy walk is a type of canine enrichment, which allows dogs to engage in their innate behaviors, making them more likely to be physically, emotionally, and mentally satisfied.
My lessons include meeting your dog’s needs through mental, physical, and emotional enrichment. In the natural world, dogs aren’t on leashes, behind fences, or living in homes. They’re out sniffing, hunting, playing, exploring, and mating.
The simplest thing you can do for your dog is to take them out on a long line, with a harness, at a quiet time of day, outside of your neighborhood, and open space. Take your training food and practice cues, if done correctly, you’ll notice a significant improvement in your dog’s behavior.
Dog Training Tools
“Front Range” Dog Harness
Ruffwear’s “Front Range“ dog harness is a padded, adjustable harness with multiple attachment points for your leash. They work by allowing a full range of shoulder movement without digging into your dog’s shoulder blades or neck area. They’re excellent for sniffy walks too. Best for dogs that no longer pull or have mild pulling.
The Flirt Pole for Dogs
Play chase, tug, and keep your hands and feet safe!
The dog flirt pole works by converting the natural prey drive instinct in your dogs into exercise as they attempt to catch the lure by sprinting, changing direction, and jumping, perfect for small to large pets to chase and tug of war.
About 10-15 minutes with the flirt pole will wear your overly energetic dog out. It is also an excellent training tool to teach release drop-it, leave-it, take-it, sit and wait.
Behavior & Training
Dr. Marty Becker, DMV: “Signs of anxiety and fear“
Free Dog Training Courses
Building your dog’s confidence starter course Victoria Stilwell in her free demo course to learn how confidence affects your dog’s behaviors and how to measure and improve your dog’s confidence.
Being a Good Pet Neighbor
Our local friends:
Dr. J’s Pet Services
Dr. J’s Pet Services, LLC, is a woman-owned, Austin-based professional pet sitting, midday breaks, and dog walking business. Founded in April 2016, Dr. J services more than 50 happy clients in Circle C Ranch, Meridian, Lewis Mountain, and Village at Western Oaks. Dr. J finds maintaining a smaller client base promotes a more personalized, high-quality pet service experience.