Force-Free Dog Training Class with Professional Trainer Shelly Haines, VSA-CDT
Dog training isn’t just about your dog. In fact, the most integral part of the training process is you! All you need is a device with an internet connection and a camera (computer with webcam, tablet, phone) with Zoom or Facetime.
Get expert dog training and behavior advice fast without using harsh punishment with online virtual lessons and consults.
Online Dog Training Programs and Classes
Puppies are not too young to train, but it’s what we train. Veterinarians support focusing on foundational concepts that will help your puppy develop a healthy disposition.
Puppy Training Up to 6 Months and younger
Socialization & Handling (its more than meeting people)
Foundational skills for basic cues or commands, leash walking, sit, attention, leave it, drop it, and stay.
Prevent behavioral issues stemming from fears, phobias, and anxieties.
Common Puppy Raising “Issues” Puppy biting, nipping, chewing.
Barking, Jumping, Destructive Chewing, Pulling on Leash, Potty Training Issues, not coming when called, and more.
Initial Consultation Required 90 mins. (stranger danger, dog-reactivity, fence reactivity, door issues, crating issues, sound and noise phobias, mild separation anxiety, stranger danger behavior, fearful, anxious, and shy dogs).
Train your dog with Shelly’s guidance in the comfort of your home.
It really works! & is very appropriate for dogs with phobias or other issues that can make it hard to train in other locations.
Your dog should be comfortable around unfamiliar dogs and people, and distractions without showing reactivity, barking, lunging, or aggressive behaviors like growling, snarling, or nipping. Dogs who experience anxiety, and severe stress will not be able to retain the training, thus online advised. If your dog is anxious, shy, or otherwise not comfortable around others please schedule a consult with Shelly first (click).
What Do I Get?
- Customized training plans designed for your dog
- Follow-up support between sessions as needed via email or phone
- Lifetime training support via email and through our exclusive online client community group.
What Will We Learn?
Skills taught use rewards-based methods, and are considered foundational behaviors. While your dog may know the basics, practicing with real-life distractions is critical to obedience or life skills.
- Three Zones of Reinforcement
- Sit, Down, Stay, Hand Target, Down, Wait, Drop It, Leave It, Place
- New Communication Tool: Marker Training
- How to use training skills in public situations.
Why Online Virtual Dog Training is Better?
- Dogs learn better and faster in a calm familiar environment.
- We use the psychology of learning, canine ethology (your dog’s needs and breed), canine enrichment, and clicker training.
- Small class size set up to be a judgement-free zone!
Friends and Family Will Notice!
Payments will be processed via Venmo, other payment options may be available.
Meet Your Certified Trainer Shelly
Shelly received her dog training certification from the prestigious Victoria Stilwell Academy via the in-person track and has learned from many other dog training professionals throughout her career over 10 years.
She is a trusted dog training professional using the most up-to-date methods, rooted in science, and compassion. She’s passionate about teaching people how to understand the why behind the behavior, and being a better dog guardian, dog owner, or dog parent. Learn more about Shelly here.
More Details…Group Dog Training Class
Family Manners is an introduction class teaching you how to teach the most common cues (commands), the mechanics of good training, and body language knowledge.
Classes include email, video support, and handouts.
- 6-foot fixed leash
- flack buckle collar, martingale collar, head halter, or front attach harness (Ruffwear, Balance, Victoria Stilwell, Freedom)
- Leave the “choke” or prong collars at home
- Dog mat for PLACE training
- Treat pouch, plenty of various tiers of food rewards.
- Zoom for Virtual
Dogs want to work! Join us if you want to have a more focused and responsive dog in the house and in the neighborhood. Virtual training is best for the *super distracted dog and new owner.
- We come to you for private lessons and have a special training package for your puppy.
- We address common behavior issues seen by puppy parents like nipping, mouthing, biting, chewing, barking, jumping, and basic commands.
- Fear and anxiety around strangers, loud noises, moving objects, cars, bikes, separation anxiety, potty training and more.
- Prefer a trainer to work at your home?
- A must for shy or anxious dogs.
Online Clicker Dog Training Class Details
Did you know that your dog learns a skill 45% faster using a marker, like a clicker?
That’s why this class, clicker training for dogs, is a must if you want to learn the skills to train your dog from the comfort of your own home. We will cover basic doggie manners and commands used to have a well-behaved obedient dog using clicker training.
Online dog training is perfect for:
- shy or anxious dogs,
- families with children,
- multiple dog homes,
- distracted dogs
- and owners with busy schedules.
5-Class Pass: $160